Thursday, June 2, 2011

Where we are

Where we are is soon going to become a lot clearer. We have no clear cut buy or sell signals on any of the things I chart on a regular basis but we have a bunch of hints. The Dow and S&P 500 are showing signs of rolling over to the downside. Oil is showing signs of rolling over to the downside. The dollar is showing signs of bottoming and US Treasuries are in a near blow off. Fortunately I caught that wave nicely. Chart below. I got whipsawed back in March and April when I bought shares when the price moved above the moving average line ( the brown line ) and then dropped back down below it in April. It went back up above the line shortly thereafter and as you can see I have had a nice pickup. I'm tempted to pull the plug on this one and take my profits and declare victory. I'll keep you posted if I do. UBT tracks the price of the 20 year treasury bond which to me indicates a " flight to safety " is taking place. Money is pouring into US Treasuries which usually means money is coming out of stocks and going into bonds. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment