Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Market Ruminations

I don't have a clue. I don't know what Washington will do. I don't know what Europe will do. If the past is any indication they will exhaust every wrong plan and policy before coming up with one that makes common sense. Having said that I have learned over the years to rely on my old tried and true moving average system. I'll get right to the meat today and spare you all the pontifications. Last week I placed a bet on DDM which is an ETF fund that tracks the dow. I did so on the basis of the fact the price moved above the moving average line on the chart thereby issuing a buy signal. Chart below. Below the moving average chart is the chart of my progress so far. I am up 2.68% for the week but that could be wiped out on one bad day as volatile as the market is what with several hundred point moves being commonplace. However I have a tight trailing stop on all my bets so all I can do is pray.







Symbol/Name Price* Change Last
Trade
Gain/Loss
(USD)
Shares Price
Paid
Purchase
Date
Gain/Loss
(USD)
% Change % Port Value
(USD)
DDM:US ($)
ProShares Ultra Dow30
55.22 -1.95 10/25
-195.00
100 53.78 10/20/2011
+144.00
+2.68 100.00
5,522.00

No comments:

Post a Comment