Friday, January 27, 2012

Market Ruminations

Gambling on stocks is a little like sitting beside the waterhole waiting for a kill. You first know something is coming when you hear the rustling in the tall grass. A couple have things are happening that I would call rustling in the tall grass. The first is the comeback in Gold. I placed a bet on Gold back in October and got stopped out with a loss. The bottom then fell out Gold went into free fall. It has gradually recovered and has now broken through the moving average line to the upside. I will probably place another bet on UGL today or Monday. Chart below.
 The next one sort of slipped by me during my cataract surgery period. For the more conservative position this is my old favorite JAHYX or Janus High Yield Bond. I've been in this one off and on since 1984 and never regretted it. It has recently crossed above the moving average line decisively to the upside. JAHYX is currently yielding just over 7% in a monthly paid dividend and usually when it crosses the moving average line to the upside it continues on for at least a year. Chart above. Be sure to click on the charts to make them bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment