Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Tall Grass Is Really Moving Now

Got another sell signal on the Model Portfolio. Monday morning I dumped DIG at the market open at 57.60. The Chart below is from Friday's close. I let it go over the weekend because the signal wasn't real clear but when it opened lower on Monday morning I dumped it. Didn't make anything on this one. Bought at 56.00 and sold at 57.60 for a gain of 1.60 a share.


I replaced DIG with the other side of the trade with DUG which is a bet the oil and gas industry stocks will go down. Chart of DUG below. I got in at the open of the market at 62.08. I'm concerned about being whipsawed by all this movement but I must stick to the plan.


Also at the close I took the other side of the Dow trade by adding 100 shares of DXD to the Model Portfolio. I got in at 34.49 just before the close Monday. Chart below. Again my concern is being whipsawed but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment